Friday, August 7, 2009

Brand Exploration

A friend of mine who I adore recently started selling Mary Kay ... so being the friend I am and because it takes all of about two ounces of pressure for me to buy makeup I bought a compact with some colours and a lipgloss. First of all ... I had a bit of sticker shock ... $68 for three shadows, a highlight powder, the compact and the gloss ... not sure why it surprised me that MK was so much but it did.

Anyways ... I digress. This is the look I can do with the compact. I LOVE the lipgloss colour ... and texture ... and smell ... LOVE LOVE LOVE the lipgloss. I love the shadow texture too ... just wish I had picked out a darker blue ... but that is not he makeup's fault.

Enjoy!


All tools are MAC unless otherwise listed. MK = Mary Kay

Face:
basic face routine
MAC Stark Naked beauty powder blush; used 168 face brush
MK Pink Porcelain highlight powder on high points of face; used 131 face brush

Eyes:
Beige-ing shadestick over entire eye area; used fingers to blend
MK Cristalline shadow dry over browbone and around entire eye area; used 227 shadow brush
MK Denim Frost shadow dry in crease, on outer third of lid and along lower lashline; used 217 shadow brush
MK Lemongrass shadow dry on middle third of lid; used 239 shadow brush
MK Cristalline shadow dry on inner third of lid, wrapped around inner corner and swept up into crease; used 239 shadow brush
MAC Boot Black liquid eye liner
BE Flawless mascara in black

Lips:
BE Krystal buxom lip polish
MAC Half Red lip pencil
MK Sugarberry nourishine lipgloss

Questions? Comments? Please feel free to post ... and thanks for looking!














1 comment:

  1. Ooh pretty!! I used to buy Mary Kay, but I stopped a long time ago because it was too expensive for me.

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice (that doesn't mean you have to like the look ... just be nice about not liking it!) ... no one likes a troll ;)