Saturday, January 10, 2009

Trax

Still going through my MAC palettes and trying to do looks with colours that I hadn't used yet .. so yesterday morning I came across these colours. I didn't buy them with the intent of using them together, but I am glad that I tried it because I really really loved this look. So many times people are afraid of red-purples because they can be really unflattering on just about anyone ... and I also try to avoid the pink and purple combo because it is just too overdone ... but I really like the way this one turned out. Ok ... gonna stop rambling now ...

Enjoy!

Face:
basic face routine
MAC Petticoat MSF as blush and on high points of face; used MAC 129 face brush

Eyes:
MAC shadestick in Beige-ing over entire eye area; blend with fingers
MAC Dazzlelight veluxe pearl shadow dry on browbone and around entire eye area; used Face Secrets Shadow Blender brush
MAC Plum Dressing veluxe pearl shadow dry in crease, along outer half of lower lashline and on outer third of lid; used MAC 217 and 239 shadow brushes
MAC Trax velvet shadow dry in crease and on middle third of lid; used MAC 217 and 239 shadow brushes
MAC Swish frost shadow on inner third of lid, wrapped around inner corner and along lower lashline and swept up into crease; used MAC 239 shadow brush
MAC fluidline in Blacktrack along upper lashline only; used MAC 209 liner brush
Lancome Oscillation mascara in Black Noir

Lips:
Krystal Buxom lip polish; blot
MAC Pink Poodle lipglass

Questions? Comments? Please feel free to post ... and thanks for looking!











3 comments:

  1. Hey Erin! It's Katie (khy8w) - I finally created an actual blogger account so I have an identity now, haha!

    I got Trax and Plum Dressing in the F&F and depotted them last night. They are so pretty....I am loving this look of yours!

    I am pressing my MAC pigments now too - they are drying now. It is a messy process, but I used your blog as my guidance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have these colors but they just sit there cause they are so bright. I feel like its going to make me look like a clown. I just need to try it already!

    You look gorgous!

    -Dorkynerd

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hjave to say that I really like this look, too and am glad that you posted it.
    I know alot of people are really gun shy about trying the red based purples.
    But this is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice (that doesn't mean you have to like the look ... just be nice about not liking it!) ... no one likes a troll ;)