Saturday, September 27, 2008

Today's Retail Therapy Session!

OK ... so having strep throat sucks royally ... but the good thing is that it makes the man feel sorry for me and therefore willing to take me shopping with little to no whining (still my money being spent ... but I was in no mood to drive).

So here is the haul ... first we stopped at Nordie's where I picked up six of the new MAC Cremesheen lipsticks (love love love). The finish of these (for those of you familiar with the different MAC finishes ... if you are not you are missing out on a great variety!) has the shine of the lustres with the colour payoff of the satins ... way awesome! Here are some swatches of what I got:



Then I went to Sephora ... and didn't get anything because the SA's in that Sephora are always really rude to me when I have my kids with me ... like the fact that I have two toddlers means that I am not going to spend anything and I am just wasting their time. Grrrr!

But after that (and lunch) I went to the Sephora in JCPenney's ... where the SAs are MUCH nicer ... and got the new Cargo Tahiti quad that I have been drooling over. The texture is gonna take some getting used to since I usually use loose shadows, but the colours and the compact itself are soooooo pretty. Have a look:



And then to make myself feel better and less like a slug I went and got my eyebrows waxed. I had tried threading the last time ... and the shape was all wrong for my face (too round, not enough arch) ... not to mention that it hurt like holy hades and I had to start plucking them within a week. But I went to my local ULTA where they have a new aesthetician and she was AWESOME! First time I have ever had anyone actually measure my face to determine the shape of my brows ... and I really love how they turned out. You will see the fabulous results in upcoming looks.

So there was my day ... hope you enjoyed the swatches and had a great Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Erin,

    Nothing like some retail therapy to make one feel a little better! The lip colors you got are gorgeous, and it's because of your swatching I went to Sephora's website and bought the Tahiti shadow quad from Cargo today...lol You enabler you!

    Love and Hugs,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than happy to enable Nikki ... and the colours in that quad are soooo pretty!

    I plan on wearing mine tomorrow ... can't wait! Glad I was able to help you spend your money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. About the Sephora and kids. How rude was that? I despise when that happens. Which one was it? (I am in the DFW area, and just noticed you are too).

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice (that doesn't mean you have to like the look ... just be nice about not liking it!) ... no one likes a troll ;)